SP-DBT is the Spanish Association for Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), created and developed by a team of psychologists with extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of personality disorders. In order to improve scientific and professional development in this area, the SP-DBT aims to create a network for mental health professionals working with DBT in Spain and specialists and associations in other countries.
SPANISH ASSOCIATION FOR DBT
- To promote research in DBT and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), as well as other diagnoses characterized by emotional dysregulation.
- To disseminate DBT-based interventions.
- To support contact and cooperation with related associations in Spain and other countries.
The SP-DBT aims to organize and encourage scientific activities designed to promote and disseminate scientific knowledge about DBT. Several activities will be promoted:
- Research sessions.
- Professional development, Workshops.
- Soon we will publish the calendar of 2018 workshops
WHAT IS DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a treatment developed by Marsha M. Linehan to treat patients with borderline personality disorder (BPD). Based on behavioral therapy, DBT combines some of its techniques with principles of acceptance of reality, derived from Zen, and dialectic philosophy. There are five core components of DBT: individual treatment, skills training group, telephone coaching, additional treatment measures (e.g. pharmacotherapy), and consultation team for therapists. To date, DBT is the only evidence-based treatment for this population (Linehan, 1993; 2015).